Thursday, August 20, 2009

The park where I run

Yes I am running again after a year hiatus due to a little foot injury. I am not going to talk to you about the Nike+ chip in this post, but I will just say it is worth more than its weight in gold. So moving up to Northern California has afforded me the opportunity to be close to some pretty cool parks to run though. I have recently started another Nike challenge on the Nike website and am motivated to get back into the sport and to increase me speed. (I have to start all over from the beginning as it has been so long since I actually ran.) Needless to say, these parks have made the new challenge even more enjoyable than I had anticipated. I even came face to face with two deer the other night that took my breath away. Less than 20 feet away were these amazing creatures starring me straight in the eye. Wild berries growing everywhere as though they were natures weeds. Lakes, people fishing, dusty dirt trails, mountain bikers, all things great in the outdoors. I decided to take some pictures at the last minute and grabbed my phone from the car. Here are just a few shots I got along the way. Tip from a friend (which I didn't know): don't eat the berries below waist-level as guys tend to pee in the bushes because unlike girls when they need to go they go anywhere. Yes, I am frowning as I type this statement but I do hope you enjoy the pictures. (You can click on the pictures to make them bigger.)























(Might have gone a little too far this day. But hey, no pain no gain.)

No comments:

Post a Comment