Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Local farmer's market

Recent phone conversation with my sisters as I was walking around my local farmer’s market one Saturday morning…

ME: “Man, the produce is so vibrant and looks so tasty.”
Sister #1: “You are taking pictures for you blog right? How else am I suppose to know what is going on in your life.”
ME: “Of course I am…” (as I fumble in my purse to find my camera so that she cannot call me liar.)
Sister #2: “Oh yeah, your blog. Should I be checking that?”

If you don’t have a sister I highly recommend getting one. Two are even better. And if you haven’t checked out your local farmer’s market I highly recommend that too. I would occasionally go to the ones in Orange County with my sisters on Saturdays or Sundays. Now that I live somewhere new I have to find all new ones and I hope to find the equivalent of the “bread lady” up here as well. I just did a Google search and a few came up. Turns out there is one literally behind my block that is on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Here are the measly pictures I managed to snap while there. I didn’t stay too long as I had plans, it was 100 degrees outside, and I had no cash to buy anything. TIP: always bring cash as 99.9% do not take anything but.





No comments:

Post a Comment