Saturday, October 24, 2009

Broccoli and Mushroom Quiche Tart



I am not going to lie, this was sooooo tasty. After my short reprieve I am back on the vegetarian train. I just like how I feel when eating this way. So I have been challenging myself to eat things I normally wouldn't such as broccoli. I bought tons of it this past week and have steamed some to have with dinner but really had a lot left over. I have been itching to make a quiche lately and decided to combine the two. I whipped up a quick pie crust and tossed these veggies together. Made the mixture next and popped it into the over. A little over 20 minutes later this beautiful quiche popped out of the over. I plugged it into My-Calorie-Counter.com and calculated that each slice (1/6 of the tart) is only 250 calories. Easy to make and so delicious. Enjoy the pictures!




2 comments:

  1. Oh you wanted the recipe? Well I went off of this one from FoodNetwork.com (search for "Mixed Veggie Quiche With Cheddar and Parmesan") with only a few moderations and obviously I used broccoli and mushrooms and not spinach. Also, I made my own crust to control the ingredients. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quice, all sorts of quiche and yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete