Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fitness Instructors

So I had been talking with my middle sister about how I wanted to start incorporating yoga into my workout and I got this lovely care package in the mail.




A box of some of my favorite things from organic body scrubs, my lemon Luna bars, tea, and a brand new yoga mat with matching water bottle. Isn't she the best? So I had to out the yoga mat this weekend.

I was fortunate to enough to catch a yoga class at the gym I go to and actually got a seat. (Those things fill up fast.) The instructor walked in, and let me try to say this tactfully, but I was not too impressed with her. Is it just me or do you think you fitness instructor should have a body in which you want to train for? You want to have that confidence that they know what they are doing and you can tell from the way they look. This also happened at the pilates studio I tried going to a few times back down south in Laguna Niguel. The instructor would instruct but her body looked a little soft. One morning she went to show us a move, just one move, and was out of breath! I stopped going after that because I believe you should practice what you preach. Overall I was glad I went as I got to stretch out my sore muscles and felt I got a little work in on my shoulders. I just wish that the workout were more intense and that I had broken a sweat in the hour long class. Just wondering if you guys agreed.


2 comments:

  1. If you want a "yoga workout" you need to switch the kind of yoga you do. I am a fan of the "hot yoga" but there are a lot of options out there. And, Yes I agree with you. Fitness instructors should be fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice sister you have!

    There are different types of yoga and some focus more on breathing, concentration and stretching the muscles slowly than in doing a full-blown workout where you sweat. The best yoga instructor I ever had was a bit on the plump side, but she knew her stuff, showed appreciation for each student and actually "lived" the yoga values, which I found inspiring.

    ReplyDelete