Sunday, October 11, 2009

Try a new recipe

As you might recall from one of my first blogs, I heart Donna Hay, I really adore her cookbooks. There are a few recipes I have tried and are now a home staple in my cooking. Recently I was talking with my oldest sister about trying new recipes and showcasing the trials on our blogs. Well it looks like I got the chance to start sooner than later. There was an impromptu bbq tonight and my roommate and I were asked to bring dessert. I had some pears that I was given that needed to me eaten soon and so thought, pear tart/pie. I started looking online before I realized, hey I have Donna Hay's Modern Classics 2 cookbook and should check in there.



I made the crust and pie according to her recipe....well almost totally according to her recipe. As the pie had been baking for about 5 minutes before I realized I forgot to add flour to the filling mixture. Oh well. AS it turns out it still tasted amazing (but next time I will add the flour).






No comments:

Post a Comment