Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Foods that start with A

Some of my favorite vegetables start with the letter A. Artichoke, avocado (sometimes a fruit), and asparagus. Well today I got to have the asparagus. My goodness was it delicious. I like the skinnier ones. I sprinkle a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese and then broil for a couple of minutes until it is soft with still a little crisp to it. I had it with lunch today which helped twofold to warm up the house via the oven being on and me by eating the heavenly skewers. Perhaps I will have to invest in some asparagus spears for my garden. And did you know asparagus are a good source of folic acid, vitamin A, B vitamins and vitamin C. They are also a fair source of calcium and fiber. So eat up!

1 comment:

  1. Roasted asparagus is my favorite a veggie too, cooked just as you did. They aren't bad to eat raw, especially in salads, either.

    ReplyDelete