Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I am a killer...

And I mean that in the best possible way. I killed my first slug in the garden this morning. There might have been screaming involved when I saw it. There the little jerk was sitting on one of my lettuce. I hurried back in the house and put on gloves (no way was bare skin touching that nasty little bugger). Sorry there was no picture as I was a little grossed out and wanted it gone ASAP. I snatched him up and went to give him to the birds. I have heard that if you line your Square Foot Garden with copper the slugs and snails won't get in. I might have to try that.

Last week there was an "incident" in which this wretched blue jay plucked out one of my baby lettuce but I re-planted and it turns out that it is doing well. I am debating about making a bird covering or buying a BB gun. (Remind me to tell you that story later.)

No comments:

Post a Comment