Saturday, November 21, 2009

SFG Update

So one of my sisters was requesting an update on the garden, so here goes.



6 heads of romaine lettuce are thriving and about ready to be made into some salads.
6 heads of bibb (butter) lettuce are thriving and about ready to be made into some salads.
1 butternut squash has sprouted. 1 butternut squash never sprouted and I am very upset at it. Must germinate a new one soon.
4 golden beets have sprouted, one looks to be struggling.
5 cauliflower have sprouted and are going strong. 1 decided not to sprout but that may be due to not enough sunlight (to be explained later).
6 spinach are thriving but not quite ready to be cut. 3 more seedlings have sprouted and are going strong. 1 seedling never sprouted and that irritates me. Why?!



I tried to get the material together to make a plastic covering for at night when it gets a little cooler but my Home Depot did not have everything I needed. More resources needed...to be continued.

P.S. Still in San Francisco with my sister so these were taken a few days ago. SF pics and restaurant review(s) coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment