Thursday, November 5, 2009

They're Alive!



So remember when I planted the seeds (From Seed to Harvest)? Well I have my first little seedlings sprouting! I cannot tell you how excited I was. So there were only two that sprouted above the surface as of Halloween; one cauliflower and one beet. I wonder why just those two when I planted them all at once. Is it possible to have bought faulty seeds? I sure hope not. But plants like humans have late bloomers so I am just going to wait and see.

As I was preparing this blog I decided my pictures from Halloween were not great and so I needed to take new ones and guess what? Two more beets had sprouted overnight! (I just checked yesterday morning when I killed the slug and there were still only two.) The new ones made my heart happy again. Can't wait to transplant when they are a little bigger.





Descriptions (T to B; L to R):
1. Cauliflower seedling
2. Three beet seedlings
3. View of lettuce close up
4. Square Foot Garden as of this morning
5. Romaine lettuce as of this morning. The one on the top left is the one the bird tried to kill. It is surviving.

1 comment:

  1. hey Deb, cool flowers. Looks like a legit garden bed

    ReplyDelete