Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Things I didn't know were expensive

So with having a fixed income, a new diet, and new places to shop I have been a little price conscious lately. Things I used to buy without thought and new items I want to incorporate into my diet seem to have these huge price tags that I was totally unaware of. See my exampled below.

I love the Get Clean tea by Republic of Tea. It is advertised for $10.99 at Cost Plus but I wanted to say it was $12.99 when I bought it last. Still, $11 for tea. And no I refuse to drink those cheap teas you find in the grocery store with the exception of any type of mint or peppermint tea which are also my favs.

Nori or seaweed rolls range from $0.50 to $1.50 per sheet! Even when I looked on Amazon.com they were advertised as cheaper but then you had to pay a $6 shipping fee plus tax which just brought the price back up.


Aside from studying at the library, sometimes I hit up coffee shops in the morning before the library opens at 10am. When at a local Starbucks I order my drink and opted for soy milk instead of "real" milk. When I got my receipt I noticed a $0.50 charge for the soy alternative!

This list could go on and on. I know the economy took a hit, but with prices like these, even in a bull market, I wouldn't want to spend these prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment