Friday, November 13, 2009

Third the nerd



Well I was the third born. :-) Somehow on one of the breaks in college I discovered I liked reading. I remember upon this discovery making a list of about 20 or so books that I wanted to read and then did in one month. Now I am no where near the volume of my oldest sister nor quite as fast, but ever since this discovery I have always been reading a book of some sort. When I lived down in Dana Point I used to walk or ride my bike to the library constantly and have a few books checked out at once. I had my library card number memorized for a quick sign in on the web to reserve a few books from other local libraries. Yes, I am pretty sure if nothing else in my life that fact alone makes me a big nerd. And so what? I love it!

Well one of the first things I did when moving up to Sonoma County (besides re-registering politically) was to go down and get myself a new library card. And guess what? I have the new number memorized too despite it having quite a bit more digits to know than my last one. Currently I have three items checked out. One is Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone, the other a suggestion from my oldest sister Travels With Charley by Steinbeck, and the third is a DVD I saw on my way to the check out counter and got because I had wanted to see it. Don't judge but it is Hell Boy II. I usually like reading one chapter a day of the books I have but Travels With Charley has such short chapters that I have to make an exception.

If you haven't been to your local library in a while I encourage you to check it out. Books I currently have on hold are (list not all inclusive):

1. Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen
by Christopher McDougall

2. Clean Food: A Seasonal Guide to Eating Close to the Source with More Than 200 Recipes for a Healthy and Sustainable You
by Terry Walters

3. Eating Animals
by Jonathon Safran

4. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
by Stieg Larsson

5. How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Simple Meatless Recipes for Great Food
by Mark Bittman

6. The Kind Diet: A Simple Guide to Feeling Great, Losing Weight, and Saving the Planet
by Alicia Silverstone

7. The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University
by Kevin Roose

1 comment: