Tuesday, December 1, 2009

San Francisco Ferry Building Farmer's Market

So a few years back my oldest sister really started getting my middle sister and I into shopping at farmer's markets. I must say I wasn't as consist about shopping there every week like she was until I stayed in Paris and the street where we stayed was an actual farmer's market daily (except for Mondays). It was pretty amazing and when I came back to the US and tried a store bought tomato I spit it out (literally) and decided that I needed to commit to change my ways. Ever since then everywhere I go I check out local farmer's markets thanks to my sister.

So every Tuesday and Thursday at the San Francisco Ferry Building they have an outdoors farmer's market in which about 15,000 people visit each day. That is pretty amazing to consider that many people care about good, local, fresh, and healthy food in just one place. Warning: always bring cash and be prepared to try samples to know what you are buying. Here are a few pictures I took, sorry there weren't more but I was too distracted talking with people and checking things out. Sensory overload!
.

.

.

.

.



No comments:

Post a Comment