Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Something to think about...

Not sure if you know this about me or not, but I love reading and talking about philosophical ideas. In fact, when I first went to college I went in thinking I was going to double major in psychology and philosophy but I am too practical and decided I actually wanted to have a job waiting for me when I graduated which is why I ultimately declared a business major. But I digress, I wanted to leave you with a quote that I read recently. It comes from the French philosopher Voltaire. I hope it invokes your sense of duty as it has mine.

"Every man is guilty of all of the good he did not do." - Voltaire

On a side note, this quotation reminds me of a passage in the book of James. It is: "Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin." - James 4:17

No comments:

Post a Comment