Friday, January 22, 2010

Restaurant Review - Eat Chow


Clean. Casual. Good food. This small little restaurant, Eat Chow, tucked away behind The Closet at Triangle Square in Costa Mesa is such a great find. Slightly modern d├ęcor greets you as you enter and sit down. Hipster music playing in the background but at a moderate level and with good acoustics making it easy to listen and talk with your dinner guests instead of straining your ears and yelling across the table before you give up in exhaustion. (I can't tell you how important this is to me.) Service was good and our food was brought out in a very timely manor if I may say so. Speaking of food (this is a restaurant review right?) it was so tasty. I opted for the Winter Pear Salad and a half order of the Five Cheese Mac "N" Cheese. The salad and dressing hit the spot and even my meat-loving brother-in-law said it was pretty tasty. The mac 'n cheese had one of those cheese elements that you just couldn't place and yet you had to have more. It is more of the creamy cheese than ooey gooey cheese, which is different but good. Other had the French Dip which was "out of this world" and the steak frites. Drinks ranged from water, to Chimay, to a Bogle Zin which was quite robust yet smooth. If you are in the neighborhood it is worth stopping by.

On a side note, I really miss going and trying good restaurants and am so thankful for my sisters who are always up for the challenge and happened to have introduced me to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment