Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thoughts from a coffee shop

Don't you love when you put on an old jacket and find money in one of the pockets? Or go sifting through your shelves in the kitchen and find some yummy food you forgot you had? Well I found a treasure I wrote down on the back of a receipt I kept from when I was reading Travels With Charley by Steinbeck. It had been a topic that had been in my mind lately from my sitting and coffee shops and studying and occasionally observing people. To me I thought my ideas where new and specific to the generations alive now, but upon reading this quote it made me think that these ideas and realizations might be as old as time.

"Can it be that we do not love to be reminded that we are very young and callow in a world that was old when we came into it? And could there be a strong resistance to the certainty that a living world will continue its stately way when we no longer inhabit it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment