Friday, March 19, 2010

My trip to Seattle



This past weekend my sisters and I hopped on a plane and met up and Seattle's Airport to go visit my Aunt, Uncle, and cousin for a few days. I am not sure if you are like me, but I actually like my family and spending time with them so I was super excited for this trip and even had a countdown going on my computer.

First stop was to find a place for lunch as we were starving! We headed downtown and settled on Tom Douglas' restaurant Serious Pie as it had been recommended to me and it was on my sister's list of places to try. Let me just say this, yes this place has some great pizza, the Yellow Foot Mushroom was my favorite, but it is all about the desserts here! My sister ordered the panna cotta with rhubarb and pistachios. I was stuffed but she said I had to take a bite and my goodness it was heavenly. It is in on the menu when you go I highly recommend saving room for this small dessert that packs in the flavor. (Later in the trip we also hit up another Tom Douglas restaurant the Dahlia Lounge and scored on their $15 seasonal tasting menu!)


After lunch we then headed to...you guessed it, Pike's Market Place. We checked out the first Starbucks with the original emblem and Piroshky, Piroshky which had a line down the street. The amazing farmer's market and a few other stops. Then back to Bainbridge Island for a family dinner.

We did tons and had a great time with the family. The sisters, cousin, and I even went running together one morning (very early). We perfected our fireplace skills after possibly smoking out our house. We cooked with the Aunt, played dominoes with the Uncle, became a pro at the ferry schedule, and all in all had a nice, fun, relaxing time. I must say, when I got home after the trip I slept like a log.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

View of the Olympic Mountains from our living room window in the morning.


Blackbird Bakery on Bainbridge Island. Their toast was amazing for breakfast!


Pike's Market Place!










Post Alley. The Wall of Gum. Crazy!



Flowers at Pike's Market place. (Can you tell I really like flowers?)




Mora Ice Cream on Bainbridge Island. Soo good!




Ferry ride home.



No comments:

Post a Comment