Saturday, March 6, 2010

Such a nice Saturday

The sun was actually out today and it got into the 60's which meant today was going to be a good day. I got up early and made myself slow scrambled eggs with steamed spinach and wheat toast. I don't know why, but it was such a good breakfast.

With that out of the way I decided to make a veggie quiche as I had tons of veggies leftover from this week that I hadn't used yet. Whipped up a quick crust, par baked it with my ceramic weights I got in my stocking for Christmas and then I made my Spinach, Mushroom, Onion, and Zucchini quiche. I had a slice for lunch with an orange that just hit the spot.

Yesterday I went to my old coffee shop The Flying Goat and started looking and applying for jobs. On the way out I saw these blossoms and it made me hopeful for Spring time.

I must saw, yesterday was an okay day, but I got a little discouraged when looking for jobs. I started to feel like I had worked so hard for the past 5 years, put in the long weeks and the sleepless weekends only to be back and now searching for a job like I was graduating college all over again. Talk about stress on your life. My sisters were encouraging and I know that the steps are in motion for my future and I need to be diligent and patient and trust that the right opportunity will come my way.

Normally I am not so melancholy and we all decided that I need to go workout out. I had planned on going to the gym but it was such a nice day that I went out and made a few adjustments to my bike and hit the trails. But first I said hello to Mr. Ladybug that was on the bumper of my dirty car.

Packed up old rusty (my dad's old old bike) and headed out in search of somewhere cool to bike. I had seen this trail along highway 12 and decided I was going to give it a try. The trail was great! The weather was perfect. And I burnt some calories and got a much needed boost in my mood. Sorry I didn't take any pictures. I really wanted to bust my butt and get my heart pumping. Which I did. :)
Have I ever mentioned how glad I am that I bought a bike rack for my car? I highly suggest you purchase one too. It was an Amazon Deal of the Day!

Also, I saw a guy bent over his biking fixing it. At first I was going to go around because I was alone on my bike, but other people were around and because of THIS Think About It Thursday post I asked if he needed to use my bike bump. He thanked me and explained he was just making some adjustments so I went on my way.

Got home, made another batch of the Veganomicon Beanballs for the week and snacked on this, apples with almond butter.


Now to hit the shower and perhaps run a few errands. Counting down the days until I meet up with my sisters at the airport to go hang out with my uncle, aunt, and cousin in Seattle. Tick tock, tick tock...

No comments:

Post a Comment