Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunny Sunday

So I ended t going to bed early last night (before midnight) and was up and bright-eyed at 6am. Sunday at 6am...crazy! I made my typical oatmeal breakfast, cleaned up the living room from last night, other miscellaneous chores and then off for the rest of my day.

My oatmeal:
1/3 old fashion oats
1 Tablespoon Trader Joe's Raw Unsalted Almond Butter
1/2 medium banana
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

I had been watching the weather all week and knew I wanted to head into the city on Sunday when it would be really nice out. I packed my lunch in my handy dandy lunchbox I got from The Container Store and headed off.

I drove to a different entrance as the one I went to last time was blocked off as that was the "no cars" section on Sunday. The weather was perfect, with a jacket of course, and the park was gorgeous. There were lots of people there but just enough to see and people watch but still have your alone time in the park. I may or may not have taken about 150 pictures. :-) I jogged for part of it but ended up just walking as there was too much cool stuff to pass up. I didn't end up going into the Japanese Tea Gardens as you had to pay and I had not wallet. Bummer. But there are free times so I will have to come back and check it out. Oh darn.

After the jog/walk I went back to my car and ate my lunch and drank an entire Nalgene! (32 oz. of water)


Lunch:
1/2 whole wheat pita pocket
1/4 avocado
1 Tablespoon Trader Joe's Spicy Hummus
1/4 c. alfalfa sprouts
1/2 roasted red pepper
1 outer leaf of romaine lettuce
1/4 c. thinly sliced zucchini

1 cut up carrot
1/2 cut up apple

Started up my car and drove to the end of the park when the beach is. As soon as I saw it my heart was filled with joy. Living right by the beach for the past 5 years you really take it for granted. I have missed The Mighty Pacific, as my dad calls it. I need to take more trips to see it or perhaps move to where I am close enough to walk there again. :)

After that I decided to check out that main branch of the SF Public Library as I wanted to check out what books the Friends of the Library had for sale. Well Sunday was not the day to check this out. Turns out the main branch is located in the same block as the City Hall, the Opera, and a huge amazing farmer's market. After looking for a parking spot for a good 15 minutes I decided that this too would be something for me to check out another day. I headed back home and decided to snack on 3 beanballs and some marinara as it was now about 3pm and I needed an afternoon pick me up.

Off to shower and enjoy the rest of the day. Hope you had a good Sunday was well!

P.S. I will post pics later. There are too many to sort through right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment