Thursday, April 8, 2010

Think About It Thursday

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart." - Mencius

And on that note...

Happy Thursday! I am not really sure why, but I like Thursdays. It is the lower end of the week slope and Fridays everyone loves, but somehow Thursdays are causal and fun to me. How was your Wednesday? Mine was great!

My roommate, her mother, and sister are all teachers and this week was their Spring Break. She had posed the question to me about taking a day off of studying and going to San Francisco to Golden Gate Park with her family. I of course do not say no to going to San Francisco and I love it there! So we packed up fruity snacks and headed to the California Academy of Sciences. Of course you would expect a “learning” type trip from teachers and as I am a math and science nerd and was super excited, especially about the Planetarium. (Orion is my favorite constellation. And yes when I was little I studied the stars for fun. I even named my bedroom Aurora Borealis. See, total nerd.) Moving on, it was so much fun and educational. Be sure to go to each ‘station’ and get a ticket to the show/exhibit when you first arrive as they only allow a certain amount of people in at a time. Thank goodness the people I went with knew that as I am terrible at reading signs. Sites of note: besides of course the Planetarium, I loved the Global Warming Station. Parents and kids were reading about carbon footprints and learning which types of food had the highest emissions. The people I was with even learned quite a bit from the exhibit. The way the information was presented was so created and made learning fun. Hmm, I sounded like a teacher there. They even had a tribute to what I like to refer to as Meatless Mondays. We had so much fun at the museum that we ended up running out of time and never made it to the Japanese Gardens. Next time!

We then headed off to The Container Store (OCD Heaven!), Crate & Barrel, and Pier 1 Imports. Just browsing of course, but man it made we want to redesign my home. Then we skipped off to dinner at The Melting Pot as we heard they had amazing happy hour prices. To say amazing would be quite accurate as the cheese and chocolate dipping prices were 50% off and so were selected drinks! So delicious, great service, and the Strawberry Basil Lemonade cocktail was seriously good and refreshing. Alas, we headed home and called it a day, a wonderful day that is.

Oh course I am now at my coffee shop and studying again. But those memories are still fresh and gave me an extra boost of energy to keep going. Take care and go have fun!

Pictures from my adventure...







These are not vines, they are all snakes. !!!



A worker feeding the fish fresh cut apples in the Rainforest Exhibit.


I will let these pictures explain themselves. haha


I had the best beet salad at the café for lunch.

Toured the living roof exhibit. How cool is this?!

We walked under and across part of the bridge. It was super windy and shaky, but so fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment