Friday, April 9, 2010

VegTimes Recipe: White Pizza with Broccoli and Mushrooms


Can I tell you what I had for lunch yesterday? I made, for the second time, Vegetarian Times White Pizza with Broccoli and Mushrooms. So good!

It actually was featured on the cover of this month's magazine with a whole section on recipes with broccoli. Now broccoli used to be my mortal enemy, but I have been making myself eat it and have come to..long awkward silence...like it. Gasp! (Dad, please forgive me.) I made this pizza as my contribution to Easter brunch and liked it so much I had to make it for myself for lunch and dinner during the week. I made a few slight modifications to the recipe for my liking.

1. I used half of the allotted pizza dough (homemade) as I like a thin, crispy crust. I just rolled out out thinned and bigger to make it the size of a normal pizza.

2. I only put half of the sauce I made on the actual pizza and saved the rest to drizzle over steamed broccoli later in the week. There just seemed to be too much sauce for the pizza and I like it thin and not soggy. Plus, less fat and calories and the flavor was still there.

3. I put in less salt and added pinch of pepper to the sauce as I felt it was just lacking something when I made it the first time.

4. I par-baked the crust beforehand to ensure it is crispy and not soggy when it is done. And you sensing a theme of crispy and not soggy? Yea, me too.

Mmmm.... so good. Now go out and try a new recipe and something that you used to hate as a kid. Who knows, you might find out you like it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment