Friday, May 14, 2010

The craziness that is my life

So it has been a while, I know and I am sorry. Here is a little catch up for you.

May 5th I took my test. It was not good. Not at all. I was pretty shaken up from it, but I won't go into detail. I left the next day and drove down to Southern California for Mother's Day weekend. Friday I got to spend all day with one of my sisters and it was just what I needed. We had breakfast at the golf course and then hit a bucket of balls. Well "hit" is relative as we were both kind of rusty but we had a good time laughing at each other. I do believe there was a swing and a miss at one point which almost made me pee my pants. Aww, good times with family. After breakfast we hit up the OCC Plant Sale and got some last minute plants for my mom's backyard. The deals were unbeatable as it was the last day of the sale and there was a limited selection, but it was perfect for us. I even bought myself a sage plant, mint, and another tomato plant. We then went back home, hit the showers and headed down to the Carlsbad Outlets. I was in much need of summer clothes and with my tax return I could finally get some new clothes. I struck gold at Banana Republic and Gap. She did pretty well herself too. After the outlets we headed back to OCC to meet my other sister for a lecture on architectural photography from the famous Norman McGrath. It was a great lecture and his pictures were amazing. It is interesting to see how he has this fine balance of old school photography and modern computerized photography figured out. After the lecture we went over to Karl Strauss' and had a pretty nice dinner. I ordered the ginger-crusted salmon with sauteed spinach, steamed broccoli, and the firecracker sauce. Needless to say I licked the plate clean. Salmon is my least favorite fish, but when it is done right it is mighty tasty and they did a heck on a job on theirs. If you ever are near a Karl Strauss restaurant I highly recommend it. After dinner we called it a night and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

The rest of the week went well and Mother's Day was a hit, a lot of hard work, but a hit. We gardened for 5 hours and then had lunch. It was rewarding to see it turn out so well and my mom was very excited about the tomato plant we brought. I even planted some of the seedlings I was growing for her like the yellow bell pepper, cucumber, and peas.

I got home last night and was in bed before 10pm. It was a very busy week with not much free time except when I picked up my new book from the library, "Hotel On The Corner Of Bitter and Sweet". Great book so far.

Now today was a different story. I was very busy as well. Doing what? Well I don't want to talk about it right now because I don't want to jinx it and it is not quite finished, but it will have a huge impact on my future.

That is all for now. Hope you have a great weekend and I hope I make it to the Bay To Breakers on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I posted a short video of the Mothers' Day garden on my blog. And you forgot to mention how you rode your bike to the beach and we finally tired out Eddie with a run! It was great having you down.

    ReplyDelete