Wednesday, May 26, 2010

VT Grilled Portobello Tacos = Yum

As you might recall from my blog post Wordless Wednesday - Tribute to Mushrooms or all of THESE posts, is that I really love mushrooms, that is except for portobello mushrooms. For some reason portobello mushrooms have always seemed too chewy to me and so are the one mushroom I skip. Well as I said early this week, I went through a few recipes and magazine and planned out my week of food and I decided to a Vegetarian Times recipe for Grilled Portobello Tacos. Conclusion: they were delicious! I am not sure if all the other places I have had portobellos just cooked them too long, but mine were not chewy at all and added tons of flavor. Another recipe is a keeper. I need to start keeping these recipes in a book like my sister to track all of the ones tried and must make again. (A sidenote, I did not use their salsa verde recipe but instead used my Aji Sauce which you know I love and adore.)
There were way too many topping to fit into two tacos so I made myself a little cabbage salad with what was left of the topping and ate that as as side. You can never have too many vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment