Saturday, May 22, 2010

Would you like a garden update?

Exciting news in my garden! Ok, I am going to get this out of the way. I lost my cucumber to the unknown monster that keeps uprooting my plants. I guess the soil was not wet enough that night and my cucumber was too weak to survive a re-planting. I may have lost a soldier but the battle is still on. Take a look.

My basil is growing, albeit slowly, but does anyone know what the brown spots are and how to get rid of them and how to get bigger greener leaves?


Spinach is shooting up! This is one of two I planted months ago and it is finally liking the weather enough to grace me with its' presence.


A rouge beet that has not died, but has not grown too much either. I keep hearing that the plants are having a hard time this ear due to the fickle weather going between almost warm to cold again. Come on Spring!


My rainbow carrots are alive! I planted 9 and 7 appear to be growing so I am going to take what I can get. Can't wait to eat them when they have grown bigger.



My squash is still alive. This is from the random seedling I noticed started growing a few months back even though I planted it in September! Crazy to think how a seed will just sit there and grow when it thinks it is a good time. Here's to hoping something comes of it.


My little beefsteak tomato is growing. Funny how things never grow fast enough for me, but it is just cool to see that something you started from a seed has grown so much bigger and is still doing well.


Now this giant is from the OCC plant sale I went to over Mother's Day weekend. It is doing well and look at the little tomatoes growing!



Mesclun seedlings I started a while ago. They are still alive but not much growth. Again I was told this is because of the weather. Booo!


Whatever the weather my Sugar Daddy Peas seem to be liking it and are growing. Woohoo!


Sorry this picture is a little out of focus, but here is my yellow bell pepper. Can't wait!


Check out the lone broccoli rabe.


And now to my crowning glory...drum roll please....my CAULIFLOWER! My two plants are doing great and I finally saw the fruit of my labor growing. Two baby cauliflower heads are starting to grow. I am super excited!




That's all for now folks. I will give you another update next weekend. Now go outside and enjoy the sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment