Monday, June 28, 2010

Garden Update

Hello internet, I am back home. After going down south for Father's Day and to visit friends, go to bridal showers, birthday parties, etc. I rolled in last night and it was 95 degrees! It was mid 70's down south and I guess I wasn't expecting it to be so hot here. I had my little fan on all night just so I could sleep.

And with this crazy hot weather my plants were needing extra attention. I had asked my roommate to water while I was gone, but with it being in the 90's they needed a lot of extra love and care and I am sad to say I lost a few while I was gone. I lost a few carrots, a pepper plant, my cauliflower both went to seed, my squash is barely hanging one as are all of my lettuce. I watered last night to help them hydrate and cool down, but it might be touch and go for a bit.

I am trying not to take it too hard as I am going to be moving in the next month. It is up in the air if I am going back down south or to San Francisco, but either way, my garden is going to have to be backed up and some left behind. With that in the back of my mind I still want to enjoy my garden while I have it. Hopefully my next residence will have room for it as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment