Friday, August 27, 2010

Can I get some culture up in the house?


So if you know me in real life and we hang out, chances are that we have gone to eat at an ethnic food place. I love trying all types of cultural food, new spices and sensations, and I like to bring that home with me and use it in the kitchen. Well looking back on the foods of the week, there is no shortage of ethnic food here. With the CSA basket I had I tried to expand my lunch and dinner recipes and also being Pescatarian has made me stretch my imagination when it comes to cooking as well. I wish I had started taking more pictures sooner, but here is a listing of my fun lunches and dinners ethnic style!

Greek Lunch: Grilled veggie pita sandwiches with homemade tzatziki sauce.

French Dinner: Savory Mushroom & Serrano Chile Crepes (I need to add these more to my repertoire, the batter is very easy and so tasty. And have I mentioned my love for Serrano chilies?)
Spanish/Portuguese Dinner: Black bean, corn, cilantro, and cotija cheese empanadas (I even made the dough!)

Cuban side dish: Homemade sweet potato fries sprinkled with cotija, cilantro, and lime

Chinese Dinner: Vegetarian Pot Stickers


So, tomorrow I will post the tzatziki recipe I came up with this week and am going to add to the sister cookbook because I loved it so much! Happy cooking...and eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment