Tuesday, August 10, 2010

From chaos to clutter

So I am still unpacking boxes. I hate living in disarray but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Me moving back to Huntington Beach has forced my sister and I to go through the spare room which was kind of our personal storage unit and we have been purging.For example, above is just one of the loads I took to the Goodwill. Either clothes I haven't warn in a while, clothes that don't fit, or clothes that I don't like how they look on me, everything must go! I have also been selling some of my old furniture as well on Craigslist. I posted my dresser and guitar at noon on Saturday and by 8pm they were both sold and gone. Thank you Craigslist!

I have been organizing my closest and shoes.

My new job is business casual and I hate to say this, but I do not own one piece of business casual dress attire. I either lived in jeans or wore a full suit for my last job. There was no in between. I guess I am going to have to invest some money in Dockers which is fine by me!

So in the year that I lived up in Santa Rosa I gained 8 lbs. Hmm, I would have much rather the reverse, but I am working on making the number go away. Since I have been down here I have lost 3.5 lbs. as of this morning. Yea! I admit I was worried as the sister I am living with and I can be bad influences on each other. If there is sugar in the house I will eat it which is consequently why I don't buy sugary things. She is the opposite with that so it can quite easily take a turn for the worse. Instead, we have been good influences on each other. She has been dragging me to try new fitness classes at our gym while I buy the healthy snacks and we have a light healthy dinner, sometimes with wine, instead of other choices we could have made. Living with someone who encourages and strides with you to make healthy choices is one of the best things I could have asked for.

Above is from when my brother-in-law and I made grilled fish tacos for dinner. It is amazing what a good spice rub can do. And can I just say that red snapper is quickly becoming my favorite fish. Oh, and the best spice rubs that I have come across are from Williams-Sonoma. They can be pricey but it is worth the investment. If any of you know a good cookbook for spice rubs or even your own recipe I would love for you to share!

As for now, I am going to go play with these guys.

That is Annabelle and Oliver, my mother's cats that my sister and I are watching for her. I have had Annabelle since I was 10 years old. (I am now 28 so you do the math. ;D ) Yea, vets are amazed she is even alive at this age let alone in such good shape. I think it has to do with the fact that every so often I feed her her favorite food, tuna fish. :) She can smell the can from a mile away and comes running. It is kind of cute. This week I made a salad with tuna on it and as I was walking to sit down she was right at my feet purring and waiting for her share. I laughed and gave her some. What can I say? I am a sucker for animals. Which reminds me, I can renew my Wild Animal Park pass now that I live down here again. So exciting!!!

Hope you all have a terrific day!

No comments:

Post a Comment