Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Tzatziki Sauce!!!

Ok, not to make my head puff up or anything, but this is the best tzatziki I have ever had! I started with a recipe I found of FoodNetwork.com but ended up changing it so much I had to write down what I did. By the end, it was a completely different recipe but man was it good. Here it is for you all to try to. May I suggest with either lamb, roasted veggies, toasted pita chips, or with some chopped up raw veggies. Enjoy!


Greek Tzatziki Sauce

Ingredients
• 7-8 oz. Greek yogurt
• 1 medium cucumber, seeded
• 2 ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 3 tablespoon minced fresh dill
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 1 ½ - 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Cut of ends of cucumber and then cut cucumber in half length-wise. Scoop out seeds. Thinly slice cucumber, use a mandolin if you have one. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon salt on cucumber and place in strainer over bowl and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour. After an hour ring out liquid and place cucumber in mixing bowl. Add in remaining ingredients and stir. Flavors will meld more over time.
Yield: 8 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment