Monday, November 1, 2010

Lent in November

Okay, so Lent isn't officially going on but I am deciding to do a Lent-type project for the month of November. Why, you ask. Here is a prime example of why. Last Wednesday someone in my spin class brought muffins and really wanted us to take one. I tried to slip out without it but was caught. Fine, one muffin never killed anyone. Well an hour later and the same thing in my Italian class. Two muffins! But wait, that is not it. I get to work and a lady I work with just found out she is having a baby granddaughter and so made pink cupcakes for us all. Seriously?! Two muffins and a cupcake. I took the cupcake and when no one was looking I through it out. I was not about to pump that much sugar and calories into my body. Since when did a simple "no thank you" to muffins or other food offerings become an insult? But that is a topic for another blog post.

So do you see where I am going with this? My brother-in-law likes to call this time of year "Eating Season" and unfortunately that is what it seems to have turned into. There are candies and sugary things everywhere I turn and I want a strong and polite way to say no, hence Lent in November.

I propose a challenge of no sugary things, open for your own interpretation as I am still planning on eating fruit, until Thanksgiving where you can celebrate with a slice of homemade pumpkin pie. And really, is not eating sugar for 20 some odd days really going to kill you? The answer is no. And after a while you might just stop craving that white devil.

Day 1 begins today!

No comments:

Post a Comment