Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Keep It Simple

Hello blog-sphere. Sorry it has been so long since I last wrote. You see, actually sitting down and writing a blog requires time and somehow I have just not had it for a while. Life is busy and good and full right now. As you might recall I moved back down to Southern California and started a new job. I love my job and feel like the biggest nerd for that, but I really enjoy what I do. I am spending a lot of time with friends and family and moving forward in my life which feels great. And you know what, more changes are on the wind for this year. I am hoping to, before the year ends, be a home owner but that needs more prayer, time, and money. I'll let you know.

Anyway, I am going to try to keep this short and to the point. It is the beginning of the year and the buzz/taboo word is "resolutions". Well I never make New Year's resolutions but I do make monthly goals for myself which seems to work much better for me and keeps the stamina going throughout the year. If resolutions work for you that is great. It not, try making small monthly goals like I do. You might be surprised at how well you do.

As things have been quite busy and I am now going to spin class 3 days a week (getting up at 5:30am...when did I become old?) I am trying to keep January's goals simple but practical.

1. Make a music mix to give to my spin teacher. (My oldest sister knows why.)
2. Take vitamins 3 times a week. Everyone should take multivitamins and I need to specifically take iron so I figure I will take them on the same day every week to try to get into the habit.
3. Keep a food journal. There is this great app on the iPhone/iPod Touch called "LoseIt" which let's you keep track of your food and exercise. It tracks calories and other nutritional items like carbohydrates, sodium, fiber, fats, and protein. Using a food journal really helps me see what I am putting into my body and helps me more regimented about my calories and protein intake. Consequently, it is amazing to see how many calories one can burn in an hour long spin class. (On the days I do spin I can eat a whole other meal because of the calories burned. Woohoo!)
4. Keep better tracking of my activities on my calendar. Ask anyone of my friends, I have a habit of double booking outings. I have a BlackBerry phone which I used to use the calendar religiously. There is no excuse not to use it and it is so convenient and portable. I am going to keep better track of my commitments.

That is all. I will keep you informed as to how things are going. Hope you guys have some good goals and resolutions for January and the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment