Sunday, April 24, 2011

Back to the old menu planning

Yep, those are my groceries for the week. All $70 worth. Yikes! Got to love our dependence on foreign oil and the fact that our food travels an average of 5,000 miles to get to the groceries stores causing prices to sky rocket. I missed the farmer's market yesterday so I did not buy locally this week and my wallet sure felt the effect of that. But enough about politics and on to the food.

I got my new Fitness Magazine and they had a new weeks worth of meals feature which I love and took to planning me week. Now that it is not my busy time at work I have a little more time in the mornings and evenings to prepare my meals. You see every January - April I always get busy and stressed with work and gain a few pounds due to lack of time management on my part. Well, this year was no different. This will be my first week of going back to a normal schedule and I wanted to start off on the right foot. As you can see there are tons of fruits and veggies and I am also having fish and eggs for my protein. Have I ever mentioned how much I love eggs and would love to have my own laying chickens one day? I haven't? Well ask my sisters, they are sick of hearing me talk about it. Once you have had a fresh natural egg straight from a chicken and know how cheap it is to maintain you too will go out and buy Homemade Living: Keeping Chickens by Ashley English (and maybe the rest of the books, and maybe your sister will buy the collection too.)

Anyway, I am going to try to take pictures of my meals this week and be held accountable for what goes into my body. To be honest, healthy food just tastes better and my body can definitely tell the difference.

So lesson for the day, even though you might have slacked for the last week, month, or even year, today is a new day and you can always chose to take a step in the right direction of your activities and the the food you eat. Happy week of eating right!

No comments:

Post a Comment