Thursday, April 28, 2011

Impromptu Wine Night


Once again, my breakfast reminds me of a crazy animal. This time I picture a hair-crazed monkey in the jungle. So besides having the same breakfast as I did on Monday, it looks so different to me....yes, I am still a little kid.
Lunch was a strawberry, brie, and walnut salad with tuna. The recipe called for chicken but as I am not eating meat beyond eggs and fish I opted for tuna. It was amazing how strong and sweet the strawberries were in this salad. I am not sure I would make the combination again with tuna, but maybe add a few more fruits and vegetables and have a nice summer salad for a picnic.

I had already had lunch when my boss informed me that we were going to lunch, so instead of give in to the temptation of the smell of sweet potato fries I had a root beer. It was tasty considering root beer is the only soda I will drink and I have it once to twice a year. We went to lunch as it was a co-workers birthday and she invited me to a wine night at her house after work. Best laid plans...I went to her house to celebrate her birthday and had 3 slices of cheese, a palm-full of grapes, 2 crackers, and a couple glasses of wine (all not featured). It wasn't ideal for my dinner and I was bummed that I didn't get to make the baked eggs I have wanted to try all week. But I had a good time and exercised restraint. I was glad I had gone to spin class and ate well the rest of the day.

Speaking of best laid plans, it turns out that I was suppose to have my baked eggs on Tuesday and the salmon cakes on Wednesday to avoid having two meals a day with eggs. Don't get me wrong, I would eat eggs all the time, but I still have that voice from back in the 80's talking about not eating too many eggs regardless of how silly the notion is now considering I heard the statistic that "eggs are the next best thing to consume for nutrients and vitamins next to breast milk" and I am not going out and buying breast milk. Yuck, I just grossed myself out.

So Thursday is a new day and I am sticking to my plans for meals for the day. In fact, I have my gym bag packed as well as my breakfast and lunch sitting next to me right now. Hey, planning is the key, the rest of up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment