Monday, August 15, 2011

Can I just say...

How much I love my aunt and San Francisco! Last week I took a last minute trip up to the Bay for some much needed R&R. My aunt and uncle were going to be there and I ended up spending the whole time with my aunt while my uncle competed in the World Laser sailing tournament. We went to the Farmer's Market at The Ferry Building, discovered an amazing Italian grocery store in Cow Hollow, checked out garden stores, a cool paper store where I got a great bicycle bag and bicycle stamp ( sense a theme?), chatted up strangers in a book store, ate the most amazing ice cream sandwich from Miette, and went to the Wicked Plants exhibit at the Conservatory of Flowers in Golden Gate Park. We walked so much I thought my feet were going to fall off. It was great! Discovered the ins and outs of the SF bus system and narrowly made the plane ride home with the help of a few strangers. There is just always something magical about that city to me that draws me to it. One day I am going to live there, if even for a moment. It was great spending time with my aunt as we have common interest and find the same things funny. I can't tell you how long we were in that paper store reading ridiculous greeting cards. Oh, did I mention we had a Rummikub tournament while watching my uncle sail at the St. Francis Yacht Club? ( She may have won a few more times than me, dang it!)

Anyway, I was sad to leave and am already thinking about my next trip. San Francisco, until we meet again...


No comments:

Post a Comment