Monday, February 27, 2012

What do you mean it is Monday?

What do you mean it is Monday? That is how I usually feel at the beginning of the week. Toady was actually a little better. I got into work super early (as per usual) and started the proverbial checking voicemail from the weekend and returning emails. Right now I am taking a lunch break. I usually work at my desk and eat lunch but I just felt like today I needed to take a moment and let my mind settle. This morning I drove in silence to work (an hour commute) and just focused on my breathing. I don't know if it is because there are storm clouds (literal not figurative) approaching or if I am just at that reflective time I get into once in a while, but I just needed a break. I am sitting here eating my Bento-inspired-lunch that I made this weekend and thinking about my lack of free time during the week. Sometimes I think I get up, get ready, go to work, come home, make dinner, and go to bed every single day of my life. Now I know that is not true as I have the weekends, but 5 out of 7 days have 90% of my waking life being spent working can really drag you down. I have a list of shelf full of books I want to read. I have another 5K race to run in which I have not run in weeks and when I attempted to last weekend I found that walking was more my pace. Ahhh...I guess I am just trying to find a balance to my life and have yet to work that out. This week I want that to be different. I have some great meals planned for the week, super healthy and really tasty, and have packed my gym bag for tonight. I plan on returning those personal emails and calling friends back. Talking with my sisters and booking our tickets for Ireland. Stopping by the local Asian grocery store and finding egg molds for Bento Boxes. Filing my nails, or gasp, actually getting a manicure! (Okay, I will most likely do my own nails because who has time for a manicure during the week?!)

All of that to say, I am doing a little reflecting on my life and trying to re-order my priorities. I want to take a cooking class and to learn a foreign language. Stop by a coffee shop and read the newspaper like I used to do. And who would have thought that I would miss taking spin class at the crack of dawn. Is it still Monday? Well that just gives me the rest of the week to try and make it better.

1 comment:

  1. I want a manicure too! But on a more zen like track:

    "If you let cloudy water settle, it will become clear." -Buddha

    ReplyDelete