Monday, May 7, 2012

Just can it!


First I have to say that I had the best weekend ever.  I honestly cannot remember the last time I felt so relaxed and just enjoyed life. Sadly, I only have pictures from yesterday.  On a plus side, the pictures are great and I am glad to share.

I spent the day with friends canning and pickling.  I recently watched a bit of the Barefoot Contessa making marmalade and pined for the time I could do that.  I mention this to some friends and we made a date for Sunday to get together and let our culinary skills soar.  I made Ina Garten's Orange Marmalade, they brought kumquat marmalade to the table as well as spicy pickled green beans and carrots which I had tasted before and demanded the recipe.  We sipped wine and cooked and canned until it was hard to stand any longer.  Two batches are the marmalade turned out exquisitely, one, well let's just call it a future marinade as it just didn't gel.  The beans and carrots smelled amazing and we have to wait at least two weeks to eat them.  TWO WEEKS??  How can anyone stand it?!  In the mean time though, enjoy these pictures.

Next time I am making BACON JAM!!




No comments:

Post a Comment