Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book Review: The Elegance of the Hedgehog

The Elegance of the HedgehogThe Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I admit, the only thing that kept me reading this book to the end is that once I start a book I must finish it. I won't expound on the book in too much detail as I feel there are a few other reviewers out there that said it better than I and with better vocabulary. Spefically this one HERE.

I felt this book was a way for the author to tout their knowledge of philosophy which would have been fine if there was some semblance of a plot in the book in which there was none. Half way through the book you are introduced to a new character that vaguely ties together the two heroines in the book but again fails to establish a proper story line. The story in no way drew me in and left me flat at the end.

After finishing the book I realize this was the novel friends and family had told me to steer clear of. I wish I had written that down and could have spent my time on something more worth while.

No comments:

Post a Comment