Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My daily goal





I decided that this week I was going to add two new goals to my list.  I was reading an article which discussed political views/skews of the Supreme Court Justices when I realized I did not know all of the justices and their backgrounds.  I made myself a goal for today which entailed learning the names of the justices, order of appointment, whom they were appointed by, and what state they were from.  Interestingly enough, did you know that the justices are from New York, California, New Jersey, and a lone sole from Georgia? Funny how those first two seem to always be at the top.  The two Italian sounding names both come from New Jersey which is known to have a large Italian population.  Well at least Alito sounds Italian to me.  Anyway, I am glad to say that I accomplished my goal and can now sleep tonight.  Tomorrow, the 32 starting Quarterbacks for the NFL.  Listen people, these facts are useful.  Now go out there and learn something new.

An now from memory...

Chief Justice - John G. Roberts, Jr., Bush, New York
Associates   - Antonin Scalia, Regan, New Jersey
                      Anthony M. Kennedy, Regan, California
                      Clarence Thomas, Bush, Georgia
                      Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Clinton, New York
                      Stephen G. Breyer, Clinton, California
                      Samuel A. Alito, Jr., Bush, New Jersey
                      Sonia Sotomayer, Obama, New York
                      Elena Kagen, Obama, New York

P.S.  How did I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment