Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Traditions

Remembering family.  We had the traditional Christmas brunch with my mother which included the following...


Baked eggs in Canadian Bacon cups, my Nana Sally's potatoes topped with corn flakes, and Nana Sally Orange Cranberry bread.  Of course there was tea and fruit cups as well.  These were staples for Christmas brunch and we kept up the tradition.

Later that night I made my homemade marinara sauce with my homemade meatballs (of course spicy sausage was included).  These were traditions on my father's side as my grandmother made the best sauce and meatballs usually with a big bowl of pasta.  My middle sister made these great stuffed shells Florentine style and the oldest sister made a great spinach and pomegranate salad and cooked up the spicy sausage separately   Dessert was tiramisu and Spumoni ice cream.  All paired with wine and laughter.  

These traditions always make the holidays feel more special.  Hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment