Tuesday, January 15, 2013

More Tested Meals from the Well Fed cookbook

Okay, so I have been testing so more recipes from the Well Fed cookbook.  The next two were a hit and I am definitely making again.  I made the Coconut-Almond Green Beans and The Best Chicken You Will Ever Eat

The chicken took a bit of forethought as the recipe calls for bringing the chicken breasts, yes flavorless chicken breasts, for at least 2 hours up to 3 days.  I brined the chicken for 24-hours in the refrigerator, drained, made spice rub and coated, then plopped them on my grill pan as it is way to cold to grill outside.  (Yes, I was born and raised in Southern California).  I took the chicken off the grill and let it rest for a bit but not before snagging a little piece for me to sample.  While I was cooking the spices were enticing but after tasting I realized they were actually intoxicating.  No one was around for me to revel in my victory of the BEST CHICKEN I EVER ATE so I made some phone calls to share my joy.


Equally delicious smelly and scrumptious were the Coconut-Almond Green Beans.  I will admit, I bought these green beans and was planning on making another dish but last minute decided to try one more recipe.  My kitchen again smelled like a gourmet Moroccan restaurant and I all but licked my plate with these suckers.  I could have easily devoured the entire batch they were that good but decided to exercise some sort of self restraint and managed to save some for another meal.  They were still good reheated. 

This book has been so inspiring with all of the flavor and spice combinations.  I have a few more recipes on my list to make but for now my refrigerator is full and I am satiated.

AS Julie Child says (currently reading "My Life in France"), Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment