Monday, December 30, 2013

Too soon to start over?

So this last year has facilitated a lot of change in my life; good changes. With that change my system got a little off kilter and I have decided it is time to get back on track. When I got back from Christmas vacation and got dressed for work this morning, well let's just say I was less than pleased with the way my skirt fit.

Although I have been staying strong with my belief in an edited wardrobe or what the internet refers to as a "Capsule Wardrobe", I would not mind being able to fit into a smaller size and update my wardrobe at that time.  Although 2013 is not quite over just yet, I cannot help but to reflect on the good things I did this year and a capsule wardrobe is up towards the top of my list.

So of course being a bit disgruntled at myself this morning, I decided it was time to get back on track and to add a bit more discipline to my life.

I am starting with bringing my lunch again to work.  Going out to eat is sociable and I love it.  I also love fitting into my clothes.  I have decided to be the inspiration and to bring my lunch again. Other people bring lunches occasionally and when they do I can sit and socialize with them at that time.  Today I held strong and my friends decided to grab a lunch from Starbucks and sit outside and to enjoy the sun.  When asked if I would come along I said gladly, but I was brining my own lunch. They were able to buy their lunch and I was able to still eat mine.  I have to say, they were a little jealous as mine looked a lot more fun to eat.


(Homemade Moroccan meatballs and hummus, blueberries, carrots, and broccoli)

Oh yes, and I am going back to my morning breakfast protein smoothies.  Having a good portion of protein in the morning really helps to stave off the hunger until lunch time.

Did I mention I did Jillian Michaels Shred tonight as well? Well, I did!

Now if you will excuse me, I am off to relax after a long day of work and about 28 things checked off my To-Do list.

1 comment:

  1. Every minute is a chance to start over. I will be cheering you on and supporting you. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete