Tuesday, February 4, 2014

January Goals

JANUARY GOALS:

1. Floss my teeth everyday - accomplished! I hate flossing my teeth.  I rarely do it.  True story.  Although my daily routine involves brushing my teeth quite a bit, the idea of flossing makes me cringe.  It has always been exacerbated by the thought of having sore teeth the rest of the day.  Despite the above, I decided that I may want my teeth whitened sometime this year which means dentist which translate to the proverbial "You should floss more." I decided January was the month to start and I am proud to say not a day went by that my teeth were not assailed with flossing.  The beginning of the moth was rough, I will spare you the details.  By the end my mouth knew a daily beating was coming and were only a little sore for a few hours in the morning.  I attribute the continued soreness to my teeth being tightly placed together. I hate to admit this, but this goal has spilled over into February and I continue my daily besieging on my teeth and gums. with a little more verve.

2. Drink 72 ounces of water a day - partly accomplished.  I carry my 32 oz. Nalgene bottle with me to work everyday and make a valiant effort to drink two a day plus a little.  Most days I am successful. Other days, stress takes over and I forget to eat and drink.  Weekends are also hard as unless I make a huge pot of tea in the morning, my water consumption drops to the level of dehydration as I am never aware of the time with errands being run and studying being done and therefore have no gauge on how much water I should have had.  I am still working on this goal as when you are dehydrated your body tends to hold on to weight which is quite the opposite of what I have worked so hard for.

3. The stragglers - towards the end of the month I jumped onto my sisters bandwagon of trying to eat 30 grams of fiber a day as well as added my own goal of making sure to have a good workout 3 days a week.  When your eating habits are out of whack, your fiber count tends to be awfully low.  I have moved this goal to February and am really trying to reach this goal this week. Both of these goals.  I have in the past tended to let my health fall by the wayside when I get busy and stressed at work.  This year I am working on staying healthy to help me cope better with the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment