Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Yes, it has been a long time since I posted and I offer no apologies. Life gets busy and priorities take over.
I woke up early this morning and had a million thoughts racing through my head. I picked up a book I bought a long time ago, "Lessons From Madam Chic" and started to re-read some chapters. Doing this exercise focused me back on lifelong goals I had been slacking on. Whether it be "always be presentable in public" down to "add more accessories to my daily wear" or "continuously reading to improve the mind" or "find what you enjoy in life and do it more". I realize that grad school has completely turned my life and areas of discipline upside down. While I know my time is limited and I cannot get all of those things back until I finish, I have also come to the conclusion that the ones I still have control over need to be focused on.
I decided that "a goal without a plan is only a dream" and that September can be time for change.
1. Finish the book I started. (500 pages to go). I cannot let my only reading be for class.
2. Improve my vocabulary...in french. I want to go to the south of France in 2016 and I want to be able to semi-communicate so why not start now?
3. Have a wine event (already on the books)
4. Plan a weekend trip when class finishes
5. Establish an exercise plan that is doable. (Might have to go back to Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred DVD)
6. Start noticing more of the simple pleasures in life and enjoy at least one a day.