Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tuesdays with E


It has come to pass that my oldest sister and I have our Tuesday nights free. What is one to do with a night off of work and graduate school?  Why cook French food of course.

It started off that I had a bee in my bonnet and wanted to try cooking French meals again.  I had been noticing that my love for all things French had taken over my reading, my movies, and my food.  I was inspired by an old episode of The Gourmet Next Door I found on YouTube in which chef Amy Finely quickly whipped up a French bistro meal for her family. I thought to myself, "Hmm...I could make that." And I did.  And it was awesome.

I called up my sister and asked how would you like me to make her dinner?  I am pretty sure that is music to anyone's ears and she responded in the positive.

I walked over to the grocery store to buy one last ingredient, steak.  I rarely eat red meat and even less so buy red meat, but tonight was the exception.  I purchased some skirt steak as I found I liked that better than flank steak.  It is the cut of meat that is used to make carne asada.  I highly recommend you give it a try the next time you are shopping in the meat department.

I walked back over to my sisters home and in about 30 minutes dinner was served.

The meat, Grilled Skirt Steak with Shallot and Red Wine Sauce, was a la Amy Finely from The Gourmet Next Door and the side salad was a la my older sister.

Very easy to make and even more delicious to eat.  This was the first of many meals and many more to come.  Eating dinner with your family at home should not be too complicated and is actually helpful when trying to pinch your pennies.  I hope you go out and make a delicious meal for those you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment