Wednesday, January 28, 2015

February Goals


I know it has been a while since I have posted regarding my monthly or yearly goals.  Truth is I have not been setting them.  I have been in a funk lately and am just now getting back on track.

With that being said, I am trying out a new way of organizing my thoughts, schedule, and goals and have since come up with some goals I am setting for myself for February.

1. Log 60+ miles on Nike+ I am currently in a distance challenge and it is coming to an end.  I have about 120 miles to go and wanted to set a realistic number of miles to complete in February.  This monthly goal will be encompassed into my weekly goals making sure that approximately 15 miles a week are logged.  I say "logged" as opposed to "run" because I do not run.


I jog and walk.  That is the best you are going to get out of me.  I hate running so why do something I hate?


2. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred 3x a week.  I am not going to lie, I am dreading this commitment because I know it is going to hurt.  I have not done weights for a while and Jillian makes you work for it.  But as the saying goes, "Misery loves company" I am going to try to sucker neighbors and friends into committing the February Shred as well. I am pretty sure when the 30 days are over we will all be glad we actually did it.

3. Find a better way to organize and display my jewelry.  I don't wear much jewelry but I do like when I do wear it as I feel like my outfit is completed.  A problem I have is that my jewelry is hidden and so therefore "Out of sight out of mind".  I want to find a way to organize and display my jewelry in a way that it inspires me to wear it more and showcases the pieces I do have. This may actually be harder to do than The Shred.


4. Finish the current book I am reading. "How to be Parisian Wherever You Are".  Check it out HERE.


5. Start and finish the book I just purchased from the Friends of the Library. "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress" by Rhoda Janzen.  Check it out HERE.

6. Set time aside and have a personal spa day.  Whether that means a long soak in a bubble bath, deep conditioning my hair, getting my nails down, etc. I want to do something that is relaxing and takes care of my physical being.  This is going to be a new thing for me as I never really even moisturize but am working on it!


7. Cook either a Donna Hay or a French-inspired meal and take pictures.  Yep, I am back to meal planning which includes one fun meal night a week and I want to get back to what makes me happy and that is cooking fun new meals for family and friends.



 Image Source {12, 3, 4, 5, 6}

No comments:

Post a Comment