Saturday, February 7, 2015

Plain Jane Cookbook of the Month


As you may or may not know, Chowhound.com has a thread for a cookbook of the month.  What cookbook of the month or COTM is basically readers vote on a cookbook to cook through that month and report on the recipes and how they turned out.  It is a very encouraging website to get you cooking and to try those books that may have been sitting on your shelf. I actually participated in this a few years back and discovered what is now one of my favorite cookbooks, "Jerusalem" by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi.

Well I wanted to get back into a cookbook a month club in 2015 but have not had the best of luck.  The first two months of the year the books were not available at the library.  (I get the books from the library first and test them out and if they are truly worthy I will buy them.) Then it dawned on me, why don't I create my own cookbook on the month?  I have lots of cookbooks that I have barely cooked through and would love the challenge/opportunity to try more of their recipes.  So here are the nine books I have chosen.  I have not yet set a designated month for each, but here are the selections that are currently on my shelves.

"A Kitchen In France: A Year of Cooking In My Farmhouse" by Mimi Thorisson {HERE}


"The Sprouted Kitchen: A Tastier Take on Whole Foods" by Sara Forte {HERE}


"Cooking at the Kasbah: Recipes from My Moroccan Kitchen" by Kitty Morse {HERE}


"The Cast Iron Skillet Cookbook, 2nd Edition: Recipes for the Best Pan in Your Kitchen" by Sharon Kramis and Julie Kramis Hearne {HERE}


"The Bonne Femme Cookbook: Simple, Splendid Food That French Women Cook Very Day" by Wini Moranville {HERE}


"Jerusalem" by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi {HERE}


"Ottolenghi" by Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi {HERE}


"Gourmet Today:More than 1000 All-New Recipes for the Contemporary Kitchen" edited by Ruth Reichl {HERE}


"Tea Fit For A Queen: Recipes & Drinks for Afternoon Tea (Historic Royal Palaces)" by Historic Royal Palaces Enterprises Limited {HERE}

I will update you on how things turn out.  If you want to participate too let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment