Just wanted to stay accountable and let you know how I did with my February goals. I was quite shocked at what I was able to accomplish, but I am glad I was able to push myself and get things done. Here is the checkoff list.
1. Log 60+ miles for the Nike+ challenge - ACCOMPLISHED. I had to really make myself go out there and do it, but by the end of the month I found that it was easier to get the miles done. Just a few more miles and the challenge will be completed.
One thing I added to my walk jogs was a HIIT timer app. HIIT, in case you are one of the 5 people in the world who does not know what it stands for, is High Intensity Interval Training. The App I installed is called "Seconds" and you can find it HERE in the iTunes store. What I would do is set intervals for walking and jogging that helped me to routinize my jogging and improve my stamina. I know I might regret putting this in writing, but I found that the "jogs" I did in which I had the intervals and really challenged myself, at the end of the "run" I felt a lot better than if I had mainly walked or barely jogged. I am definitely going to keep using this app to help push me further physically.
2. Jillian Michael's Shred 3x a week - ACCOMPLISHED. In truth I was hoping for 3-4 times a week but with doing the miles I found that I did one day of miles and one day of the Shred. I definitely feel my muscles getting stronger and have seen a bit of an improvement in my jogging. Thank you all for those of you who supported me in this challenge. You guys are the best and I am so thankful for you.
3. Jewelry organization - ACCOMPLISHED. I had a hard time with this as I tried a few things out and resolved to the fact that I had to invest in some nice acrylic drawers from the Container Store in order to accomplish this goal. It really was an investment but I have already noticed a difference and in fact, I gave away a lot of jewelry I never wore and honed down the pieces I have that fit with my style and personality.
The downside is that I found I need a bit more jewelry than I have, but the next pieces I get will be investment pieces so I am not in a hurry. When I see them I will know it is right and make the investment at that time.
4. Finish "How To Be A Parisian Wherever You Are" - ACCOMPLISHED. See my review HERE.
5. Start and finish "Mennonite In A Little Black Dress" - ACCOMPLISHED. See my review HERE.
6. Personal Day Spa - ACCOMPLISHED. I have to laugh about this one. Sure I had coconut oil in my hair and cucumbers over my eyes, but the avocado and honey mask was a complete failure. Hey, at least I gave it a try. I did however, enjoy my 2 1/2 hour bubble bath with reading my book from goal #5. To take the event up a notch I ended up purchasing a spa album on iTunes and am definitely going to be using that in the future. Perhaps next time I will try the kitty litter mask or the egg white facial mask. Laugh, but yes, I have a book that recommends both!
7. Cook a Donna Hay or French meal - ACCOMPLISHED. See pictures from the event HERE. This event was twofold as I also got to cook from my cookbooks of the month, or COTM. See the list HERE.