Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Plain Jane - Cookbook of the Month March 2015

Soba Bowls with Tea-Poached Salmon
I have been bored with chicken and eggs for my protein and was really looking to venture out when I decided to be inspired by one of the cookbooks I chose to cook from for my COTM.

I didn't get far in my search as I came across "The Sprouted Kitchen" and knew exactly what I was going to make.

This book was never supposed to be in my collection.  After work one day I met a friend for drinks and while we were waiting for the rest of our party to arrive we headed into the nearest bookstore or what I like to call the Danger Zone.  She, like me, had an affinity for cookbooks and next thing I knew we had lost track of time.
Broccolini

I have this rule that I am not allowed to buy another cookbook unless I give one up, kind of like me clothing rule.  Truth is, I had cookbooks on my shelves that needed to be utilized or donated.  As I was trying my hardest not to get sucked into a new cookbook I stumbled across "The Sprouted Kitchen" and was hooked from the first recipe.  The menus were healthy, clean, and actually sounded like they would taste good.  I still remember the very first recipe I saw was for the Soba Bowls with Tea-Poached Salmon.  Needless to say I ended up buying to book and every recipe I have made so far  has turned out pretty well.

So in my hunt for protein meals that did not include chicken and/or eggs, this was the meal I resolved upon making.

For the most part I had all of the ingredients except for miring which I substituted for Chardonnay and the green tea I substituted for jasmine tea.  I just say, the salmon was the best part of the meal.
Soba Bowls with Tea-Poached Salmon


Honestly, the noodles were good, but I prefer udon noodles and less sauce on them.  Perhaps less tahini next time and more poached salmon!  I made extra and plan on having it for a fun lunch.  I hope you are inspired to try some of your cookbooks at home or to out "The Sprouted Kitchen" cookbook yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment